Website Chiltern Farms (Pty) Ltd
A promising career opportunity exists with a dynamic agribusiness in the Vyeboom area near Villiersdorp for an Accountant and Administration Office Manager who enjoys a rural environment and has a hands-on approach. The farm is about 50 km from Somerset West.
This position will report to the Financial Manager and the main function of this position is performing the financial accounting functions up to trial balance and managing the administration office.
You would be the ideal candidate if you have the following qualifications, experience, and key competencies:
- National Diploma in Accounting or B Comm Degree
- Completed SAICA / SAIPA Articles
- Registration with a financial regulatory body will be advantageous
Knowledge and Experience
- Computer literate in MS Office, VIP Payroll and Sage 300 and Accpac
- At least 3 years’ post article experience (SAIPA / SAICA) would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong numerical proficiency is required
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lead a team effectively and take responsibility for their development
- Keen attention to detail
- Must be an analytical thinker
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Excellent planning and organizing skills are required
- Excellent adaptability and flexibility skills
- Sound decision making skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile balance sheet and income statement reconciliation on an accurate and timely basis to ensure completeness and accuracy of trail balance and prepare monthly file to send to the Financial Manager
- Prepare monthly management accounts and distribution to the Head of Departments and answer any queries.
- Compile month VAT 201, reconciliations, and submissions to SARS. Handle payments and resolving queries with SARS.
- Prepare and assist in the annual financial audits
- Manage the FAR including additions and monthly recording of depreciation
- Perform full month end close process, including journals, bank reconciliations and interdepartmental transactions.
- Process prepayments and accruals and ensure month end schedules are accurate an updated
- Process of various other transactions to complete the monthly trial balance.
- Manage the petty cash
Management of debtor’s function
- Sign off on debtors’ invoices
- Capture cash and electronic payment receipts into accounting software daily
Management of creditors function
- Perform review of creditor payments and reconciliation
- Oversee the monthly payment file, including signing off on payments to vendors, creditors reconciliations and authorising amendments of vendors on banking system
Management of cash and cash equivalents
- Perform daily processing and reporting of receipts
- Perform monthly processing of bank transactions into accounting system
- Compile monthly reconciliations of the bank accounts and other cash equivalents
Management of vehicle and asset finance
- Process and reconcile VAF and term loan transactions monthly
Management of administration office
- Oversee and manage the function and activities of three general administrator clerks and the receptionist.
Manage payment of salaries and wages
- Perform review of fortnightly payroll for accuracy and completeness
- Oversee and sign off the general processing and reporting of wages on a fortnightly basis
- Process journal entries for wages and salaries into the accounting system
- Compile and submit bi-annual submission and monthly EMP201 with payment.
- Compile and submit annual Return of Earnings Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Commission.
On offer is a market related and negotiable remuneration package, dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits such as a thirteenth cheque and a contribution to a medical aid and pension fund are also offered.
If you are looking to advance your career and would enjoy this opportunity, please send your updated Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.