Website Chiltern Farms (Pty) Ltd
Chiltern Farms, a dynamic Agri business in the Vyeboom area near Villiersdorp, practices agriculture in a modern, world-class manner by constantly evaluating operating methods and incorporating technology. We strive to continually improve our Agri business to create an extraordinary future. We believe that people are the greatest ingredient in our success. We aim to foster a work environment that is professional, and results focussed, whilst retaining the family values.
Chiltern Farms has a career opportunity for a pro-active Financial Manager, based in Vyeboom. As a member of the senior leadership team, reporting to the Managing Director, you will assist in crafting the overall financial strategy of the business and will furthermore be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finances. You will also be guided by the non-exec Finance Consultant. Critical success factors will be building and maintaining successful relationships, thorough understanding of business & management principles, financial acumen, and insights, driving and ensuring company’s financial well-being and growth.
A CA (SA) or equivalent qualification and 8-years post articles experience in financial management are pre-requisites. Advanced information systems skills will be important. Must be registered at a professional Body: SAICA / SAIPA
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: (but not limited too)
- Manage all costing and financial accounting processes.
- Manage budgeting & forecasting processes.
- Manage foreign exchange transactions.
- Manage and develop the team to produce timeous and accurate results and forecasts.
- Prepare, consolidate, and interpret monthly management, board, and grower reports.
- Assume control over compliance with audit, legal and corporate governance standards.
- Project management involving systems and process changes.
- Assume accountability for information systems.
- Implement and maintain financial controls and risk management.
- Strategic input to directorship
- Responsible for the management of the administrative office & payroll
- Managing of risk and investment
- Experience within a farming or similar industry environment
- Inventory and cost management accounting
- Capital budgeting and operational forecasting.
- Board interaction and corporate governance best practice
- Proficient computer skills with financial management software
- In depth knowledge of the Companies Act and corporate governance
- Knowledge of fruit industry (advantageous)
- Good working knowledge of corporate governance and tax legislation
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with good attention to detail
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Provin leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to identify risk and potential financial gains.
- High level of integrity
On offer is a market related package, based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply, please send your updated Curriculum Vitae, expected remuneration and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 6 October 2023
“We are an equal opportunity employer”.