Website Chiltern Farms (Pty) Ltd
Chiltern Farms has a promising career opportunity for a Human Resource Administrator. We are a dynamic Agri business in the Vyeboom area near Villiersdorp, who practices agriculture in a modern, world-class manner by constantly evaluating operating methods and incorporating technology. We strive to continually improve our Agri business to create an extraordinary future. We believe that people are the greatest ingredient in our success. We aim to foster a work environment that is professional, and results focussed, whilst retaining our family values.
We aim to attract people who are ethical, professional, enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, result focussed, open to learning and who embrace technology and best practices to make a difference and add value.
The successful candidate will report to the Group Human Resources Manager with the focus on providing HR administrative support in an efficient, professional, pro-active, and effective manner, undertaking all administrative duties required within the HR Department to achieve organisational goals.
Key Performance areas/Responsibilities are but not limited to:
Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding:
• Organise, plan, and conduct the full recruitment and onboarding process from start to finish for wage staff and seasonal workers.
• Conduct probationary interviews and report on findings for supervisory positions.
Job Grading and Job Descriptions:
• Perform regular/yearly maintenance checks and update job descriptions and advertisements to ensure alignment with changes in business needs and requirements through a through a collaborative and pro-active approach.
• Assist with scheduling and preparation of Job grading committee meetings.
• Participate in job grading of positions where applicable.
Labour relations & Compliance:
•Advise supervisors, managers and employees on employee relations matters in line with HR policies and procedures.
•Conduct regular toolbox talks according to a set plan to inform and educate staff on all employee matters, changes within the business and policies.
•Conduct site visits and arrange for stakeholders’ meetings to pro-actively identify business needs or issues requiring HR support, streamlining of processes to improve production efficiencies.
•Assist with preparation and coordination of hearings/grievances proceedings.
•Accurate and timeously recording of all cases on the relevant HR information systems.
•Monitoring and reporting of whistle blowing mechanisms as per set schedule for action.
•Build and maintain open consistent communication throughout all channels.
•Ensure timeous and accurate capturing and submission of SAQ’s, SIZA, WSP, IOD and EE Reports.
•Assist with preparation for SIZA and DOL audits.
Learning and Development
•Responsible for planning, scheduling co-ordinating, recordkeeping and tracking compliance of all statutory training as per plan.
•Assist with compiling annual training needs analysis for budget.
•Report and log training needs identified from performance reviews per department.
•Prepare WSP & ATR report for yearly submission.
•Coordinate and capture performance scores of fortnightly employees for calculation of annual production bonuses.
•Assist with the coordination of employee events (Long service awards, retirements, and any other related employee events).
HR System Administration & Reporting (HR Metrics)
•Prepare and report monthly on IOD, Absenteeism, EE movements, disciplinaries, expenses etc.
•Ensure all administrative processes relating to employment, terminations, leave, IOD’s, EE, accounts, disciplinaries are accurately and timeously updated, processed in line with business practices.
•Report any noncompliance to policies and procedures and remedies.
•Maintenance of new and existing employee data on relevant HR information systems.
•Employee terminations and liaising with third party service providers on all employee benefit processing and claims (Death, provident fund, funeral, and Workers’ compensation)
•Coordinate welfare and ad-hoc transport requests for employees.
•Administration of invoicing for external training providers.
Requirements of the Role:
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge, skills, experience, and personal attributes:
•Diploma in Human Resources or related field
•Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in a similar position within an HR and operational environment.
•Labour legislation knowledge with application in the Agricultural sector will be advantageous.
•Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word)
•Proficient in isiXhosa.
•Knowledge of Farmtrace and SAGE will be advantageous.
•Own reliable transport.
• Readily takes on challenges and opportunities with a sense of urgency and eagerness.
• Conveys information and communicates ideas in a clear, concise, and impactful manner.
• Meticulous, accountable, and thorough nature of attention to detail.
• Highly organised with strong planning and prioritizing capabilities to ensure smooth running and timeous execution of work priorities and meeting of deadlines.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to speak in front of groups of people.
• Reliable team player, serving team objectives with strong relationship building skills and a customer service approach.
• Inspires trust and gains the confidence of others by displaying honesty and integrity.
• Ability to problem solve, analyse information or situations, with a pro-active approach.
• Able to work flexible hours when and if required.
On offer is a market related remuneration package, dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits such as a thirteenth cheque and contribution to a medical aid and pension fund are also offered.
If you are looking to advance your career and would enjoy this opportunity, please send your updated Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 22 February 2024.
“We are an equal opportunity employer.”
To apply for this job please visit peoplefinder.org.za.