Website Chiltern Farms (Pty) Ltd
A promising career opportunity exists with a dynamic agribusiness in the Vyeboom area near Villiersdorp for an IT Support Technician who enjoys a rural environment and has a hands-on approach. The farm is about 50 km from Somerset West.
This position will report to the Information Officer and the main function of this position is to provide everyday technological support to the company and employees, ensuring that the company network is stable, and that company IT hardware is functioning properly.
You would be the ideal candidate if you have the following qualifications, experience, and key competencies:
- Grade 12 with Computer Applications Technology (CAT) or information Technology (IT) as a subject
- Certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert; N+ or A+
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in an IT Support Role
- Experience in managing networks (LAN and WAN)
- Experience in MS Windows Desktops and servers, as well as Office 2013 – 2016 and Office 365
- Knowledge of user management in an active directory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills are required
- Must be action orientated
- Good technical skills for installing hardware
- Must be able work independently
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that server back-ups are done appropriately and timeously
- Ensure that applications on the network are functional, stable, and available to relevant users by performing ongoing network troubleshooting and maintenance
- Manage document sharing and permissions on the server
Desktop support to users
- Assist users by providing day-to-day hardware and software support
- Install and test hardware and software on company computers
- Perform set-up of desktop and laptop computers for new users
- Install and update the firmware on wi-fi access points
- Identify and repair hardware and software issues
- Pro-actively search for IT issues and weaknesses and take steps to make improvements
- Research errors to understand underlying problems to implement solutions and save for future reference
IT hardware and software procurement
- Place orders with suppliers for computer or network hardware and software
- Create appropriate purchase orders and RCPs of IT orders
- Liaise with vendors for support and services
On offer is a market related and negotiable remuneration package, dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits such as a thirteenth cheque and a contribution to a medical aid and pension fund are also offered.
If you are looking to advance your career and would enjoy this opportunity, please send your updated Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for the vacancy: 30 June 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.