Website Chiltern Farms (Pty) Ltd
A promising career opportunity exists with a dynamic agribusiness in the Vyeboom area near Villiersdorp for a Procurement Manager who enjoys a rural environment and has a hands-on approach. The farm is about 50 km from Somerset West.
This position will report to the Financial Manager and the main function of this position is to act as the primary point of contact between suppliers and the business. This position is responsible for the procurement of products and goods for us in the business by identifying potential supplier sources, screening them, and negotiating favourable terms.
You would be the ideal candidate if you have the following qualifications, experience, and key competencies:
- B Com Degree or related relevant tertiary qualification
Knowledge and Experience
- Proficient in software such as Sage 300 Accpac
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- At least 5 years procurement management experience, preferably in the agricultural, production or manufacturing industries are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong numerical proficiency is required
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lead and manage a team effectively and take responsibility for their development
- Keen attention to detail
- Must be an analytical thinker
- Excellent planning and organizing skills are required
- Must be action orientated
- Excellent adaptability and flexibility skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Must be able to work in a team and build successful relationships
- Must be able to work under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops procurement budget together with department heads
- Manages procurement budget and prepares monthly procurement reports
- Liaises with heads of department and other key employees to determine the product and service needed in their departments
- Identifies appropriate suppliers based on product specifications and price
- Negotiates favourable terms with chosen suppliers and then builds and maintains long-term relationship with the suppliers
- Conducts annual review of supplier contracts to ensure that the procurement objectives of the company are continually met, and any contractual risks mitigated
- Keep abreast with changing industries trends to ensure that the procurement objectives of the company are continually met
- Evaluates purchase orders received against procurement budget and signs of on purchase orders.
- Communicates with suppliers to ensure timely delivery
- Monitors the technology systems that track the ordering, receipt, storage and issuing of products
- Monitors the performance of the Stores Administrators
- Provides leadership, guidance, and coaching
On offer is a market related and negotiable remuneration package, dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits such as a thirteenth cheque and a contribution to a medical aid and pension fund are also offered.
If you are looking to advance your career and would enjoy this opportunity, please send your updated Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for the vacancy: 30 June 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.